Thank you for your interest in working for bbodance. Our team is a blend of exceptional talent and diverse cultures who take a creative and enthusiastic approach to our work.
Current vacancies are listed below. To keep up with all our news & opportunities, subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter.
Appointment: Full-time, 12 month contract with possible extension for the right candidate
Closing Date: Friday May 27th 2022 – interviews will take place ASAP so early applications are recommended
Interviews: Week commencing May 23rd 2022
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Holiday entitlement: 25 days plus bank holidays per annum
Office hours: Full-time (35 hours per week). Some flexible hours and weekend work will be required regularly – to be agreed. There is a degree of flexibility in what can be arranged. Overtime is not paid but discretionary TOIL is offered.
Location: bbodance, Ensign House, Battersea Reach Juniper Drive, Wandsworth, SW18 1TA. Please note there is no option for remote/home working for this role.
We particularly encourage applications from disabled people and people from black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, as these groups are currently under-represented in our sector.
We are looking for a responsible, reliable and well-organised Arts Administrator to join our friendly and enthusiastic team. This is a great opportunity to get a taste of all the roles involved in running busy studios, an arts charity, awarding organisation and membership body.
Reporting to the Office Manager (line manager) and CEOs, the position is responsible for providing efficient, effective administrative support for the organisation which includes (but is not limited to):
- Initial point of contact for the organisation via email, telephone and in person
- Administrative support across all departments including Examinations, Membership, Events, Finance and Ops.
- Day to day marketing tasks such as social media updates
- Processing incoming and outgoing office mail
- Opening and closing reception
- Stock replenishment of tea points and supporting the Office Manager in day to day tasks around the building and studios
- General administrative tasks as required
The candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent IT skills
- Outstanding written skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to prioritise tasks, focus on detail and work proactively
- An interest in dance is desirable but not essential
Please email your CV (not more than 2 pages) and a cover letter (not more than 1 page) outlining your professional and personal suitability for the role. Please clearly mark your application Arts Administrator.
Vacancies at bbodance schools
Ballet Teacher, Allied Schools of Dance
Cover Teacher, Amethyst Dance Pembrokeshire
Cover teacher needed for a minimum of six months; tentative start in September. The school does bbodance Ballet, Tap, Musical Theatre and freework Jazz; they have classes for ages 2 ½ to 18. bbodance teacher or Teaching Qualifications graduate preferred. Get in touch.
Teacher, Catch Creative Salisbury
Teaching post available in Wilton, near Salisbury -- Saturday mornings, mostly Ballet, Preschool-Grade 1 (bbodance syllabus). Starting on 9 October but can start earlier if available. Get in touch.