bbodance Springboard offers independent dance artists and choreographers an affordable workspace to create or develop choreographic work.
Taking place at bbodance Headquarters in Battersea from 3rd July – 11th August, successful participants will have use of either our Espinosa or Muir-Warden studio to develop their choreographic practice for the duration of the residency. Participating artists will also have the opportunity to share their work with all artists involved, enabling them to build connections and network with their peers.
Applicants can choose from a booking of 2 hours up to 4 full days, during off-peak hours only. Bookings are subject to availability, and can be taken on consecutive days or at various times through the scheme.
- Espinosa Studio is available 3rd – 12th July 2017 (Monday – Friday)
- Muir Warden Studio is available 17th July – 4th August 2017 (Monday – Friday)
- Sharing session: Friday 11th August 2017 6 – 7.30pm
The benefits of participating in Springboard
- Use of the Espinosa Studio (12 x 8m) at the reduced fee of £12.50p/h - usually £35p/h; or Muir Warden Studio (7.5 x 5.75m) at the reduced fee of £10p/h - usually £25p/h
- Participation in a sharing and performance session on Friday August 11th, where participants will have the chance to share the work they have developed through their time at bbodance, gain feedback and network with other dance professionals
- bbodance Friend membership, for 12 months
- 10% discount on bbodance studio hire, for 12 months
- Potential letter of support from bbodance for funding applications
In return for the residency:
- Artists will participate in the sharing and networking event on 11th August
- Artists will offer feedback and suggestions for future projects
- The bbodance logo will be used on work developed by Artists during the residency