Registered Teacher is our flagship membership level. It's the only pathway to entering candidates for Examinations in bbodance syllabi. If you've recently taken CPD with us, you could become an RT for a substantially reduced fee. Find out more.
- Welcome letter & Membership Certificate
- Access to all bbodance Examinations & Awards
- Professional recognition by national Regulatory Bodies (Ofqual and Qualification Wales)
- Professional validation by CDMT
- Use of the bbodance brand
- Inclusion on bbodance website’s Find Your Nearest Teacher
- Access to the online Members’ Area, including free online syllabus resources and digital teaching resources
- Opportunity for your students to audition for the bbodance Scholars Scheme
- Subsidised Enhanced DBS checks
- 20% discount on recommended Examination uniform (supplied by Dansez from October 2022)
- 25% discount on all Dansez ready to wear collections available at dans-ez.com
- 10% discount on merchandise
- Members’ rate on bbodance events
- Members’ rate on bbodance CPD courses
- 10% discount on bbodance studio & facilities hire
- Regular e-newsletter
Eligibility Criteria and Application Requirements
- Minimum Level 5 Dance Teaching Qualification or documented equivalent (any genre)
- Enhanced DBS Certificate (valid for 3 years from date of issue)
- Safeguarding training (renewable every 3 years)
- Certificated First Aid Training (renewable every 3 years)
- Up-to-date CV (with Professional References)
- Achievement of Grade 6 / Intermediate (or equivalent) in any genre
- Compliance with bbodance and CDMT Professional Codes of Conduct
- Must complete 18 hours (3 days) of CPD annually
NB: Enhanced DBS checks and Safeguarding Training can be arranged by bbodance for an additional fee.
Annual fee: £175. The membership year runs from 1 September. You can join at any time during the year, and the membership fee will be adjusted accordingly. Your membership fee is tax-deductible.
Please note: You do not need to evidence any Teaching Qualification if you're already a bbodance Registered Teacher. However, we expect all members to have current Safeguarding training and a current Enhanced DBS check.
Once you become a bbodance Registered Teacher we require that you complete 18 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) each year and comply with the CDMT and bbodance Professional Codes of Conduct.
- An up-to-date CV
- Evidence of a Level 5 Teaching Qualification (or equivalent)
- Evidence of a current Enhanced DBS (renewable every 3 years)
- Evidence of current Safeguarding Training (renewable every 3 years)
A member of our team will be able to advise on dates of upcoming syllabus training; alternatively, please visit our CPD page.
Download the Terms & Conditions.