Registered Teacher is our flagship membership level. It's the only pathway to entering candidates for Examinations in bbodance syllabi.
- Welcome letter & Membership Certificate
- Access to all bbodance Examinations & Awards
- Professional recognition by national Regulatory Bodies (Ofqual and Qualification Wales)
- Professional validation by CDMT
- Use of the bbodance brand
- Inclusion on bbodance website’s Find Your Nearest Teacher
- Access to the online Members’ Area, including free online syllabus resources and digital teaching resources
- One free mentoring session in conjunction with dance business expert & Amazon best-selling author, Anne Walker MBE
- Opportunity for your students to audition for the bbodance Scholars Scheme
- Subsidised DBS checks
- 15% discount on recommended Examination uniform (supplied by Roch Valley)
- 10% discount on Merchandise
- Members’ Rate on bbodance Events
- Members’ Rate on bbodance CPD courses
- 10% discount on bbodance facilities hire
- Access to the bbodance Library & Archive
- Regular e-newsletter
Eligibility Criteria and Application Requirements
- Minimum Level 5 Dance Teaching Qualification or documented equivalent (any genre)
- DBS Certificate (valid for 3 years from date of issue)
- Safeguarding training (renewable every 5 years)
- Certificated First Aid Training (renewable every 3 years)
- Up-to-date CV (with Professional References)
- Achievement of Grade 6 / Intermediate Foundation (or equivalent) in any genre
- Compliance with bbodance and CDMT Professional Codes of Conduct
- Must complete 18 hours (3 days) of Syllabus CPD by the end of their first membership period (31st August)
- Must complete 18 hours (3 days) of CPD annually
NB: DBS checks and Safeguarding Training can be arranged by bbodance for an additional fee.
Annual fee: £165. The membership year runs from 1 September. You can join at any time during the year, and the membership fee will be adjusted accordingly.
Please note: You do not need to evidence any Teaching Qualification if you're already a bbodance Registered Teacher. However, we expect all members to have current Safeguarding training and a current DBS check.
Once you become a bbodance Registered Teacher we require that you complete 18 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) each year and comply with the CDMT and bbodance Professional Codes of Conduct.
- An up-to-date CV
- Evidence of a Level 5 Teaching Qualification (or equivalent)
- Evidence of a current DBS (renewable every 3 years)
- Evidence of current Safeguarding Training (renewable every 3 years)