Congratulations to everyone who entered the Online Choreographic Challenge coordinated by bbodance Patron, Brandon Lawrence! Although we originally planned to have three winners only, due to the quality of the pieces you have created, there are more.
In alphabetical order, the winners are:
- Fraya Cowan — taught by Emily Jade Maycock
- Martha Chaisty — taught by Aveine Grey
- Honor Dixon — taught by Jo Meredith (Lisa Gilbert Academy)
- Imogen McBeath — taught by Janice Metcalf
- Kaylee McCullogh — taught by Gina Sinclair Davies
- Hallie Mitchell and Daisy Craner Watts — taught by Sarah Anne Westcott
In addition, Brandon and our Vice President, Sir David Bintley, CBE have also awarded two Commendations for their unique creativity:
- Azerley Keller — taught by Karen Read and Sharman Robinson
- Carly Pedro — taught by Suzy Abrahams
Finally, the Overall Winner of the Online Choreographic Challenge, as chosen by Sir David Bintley, is Fraya Cowan, taught by Emily Jade Maycock. Sir David said that she won because, “Her choreography was beautifully conceived, touchingly simple, and very moving.”
The winners will receive prizes generously provided by the eco-friendly dancewear company, Dansez. Watch this space, as the film montage of all the pieces entered in the Challenge will be out soon!
(Photo: still image from Fraya Cowan's winning entry)