Due to the current pandemic, all parts of the UK are under strict restrictions. The message is clear — Stay Home — and there are very few exemptions to the rule that dance classes must cease.
At bbodance, these restrictions currently affect:
- Our headquarters:
- All bbodance Examinations scheduled to take place between 5 January and 25 February 2021 have now been postponed.
- Due to the current pandemic, we feel it is not possible or appropriate to schedule Live Examinations at this time. We will continue to monitor any changes and let everyone know once restrictions have been eased.
- We're currently accepting new and rescheduled Applications for Examinations to take place after February half term in England (15-19 February); we will be guided by Government announcements as to whether these sessions can go ahead.
- The Digital Classical Ballet Vocational Examination session originally planned for March will now take place between 2 and 30 April, with a closing date of 12 March. All Registered Teachers have received guidelines on how to apply.
- We will follow the same strategy for Examinations outside England. Once restrictions lift sufficiently, we will process Examination requests as swiftly as possible.
- Creativity Unlocked:
The deadline to enter our multi-genre online challenge has now been extended to 28 February. The winner of each category will receive an online one-on-one coaching session with an international dance expert. Truly not to be missed. Find out more.
All online CPD courses, Dance Teaching Qualifications courses, and our new Level 3 Dance Teaching Assistant Certificate are not affected by the current lockdown. Deadlines are coming soon; please apply via the respective pages.
For further information on the UK lockdown, access the links below:
For areas outside of the UK, please get in touch.
We will continue to monitor the situation and update our website as needed — watch this space!