Terms & Conditions of Hire: bbodance Facilities
These Terms and Conditions of Hire, together with the Form of Contract and where relevant, further documents annexed to these terms, comprise the Agreement between the Hirer and bbodance.
bbodance: bbodance is the trading name of The British Ballet Organization Ltd.
Hirer: The Person, Group or Organisation specified on the Form of Contract.
Premises: bbodance’s Battersea Reach Site and all facilities within, including common areas such as; reception, corridors, stairways, changing rooms, toilets, break out areas and terraced area. This does not include; the lift or upstairs office area.
Venue: The venue for the particular hire as specified and confirmed in the Form of Contract.
- This agreement creates a non-exclusive licence to use the relevant venue and associated agreed facilities of the premises for the period specified on the Form of Contract, subject to the terms of this agreement. The Hirer acknowledges that no tenancy is intended to be created and that no relationship of landlord and tenant exists between them.
- The rights granted to the Hirer in this agreement are non-assignable. The Hirer shall not sub-let or purport to sub-let any part of the Premises to another person and shall remain on the Premises at all times during the agreed hire period specified on the Form of Contract. Restrictions on the Hirer’s use of any issued keys are outlined in the relevant clause below.
- The Hirer undertakes to provide full and accurate information about the nature of its organisation, activities and users at the time of the booking and to use the Premises only for the use outlined on the Form of Contract.
- Hire Period
- All bookings are restricted to bbodance opening hours, unless arranged prior to commencing the booking and will incur additional costs. bbodance opening hours are:
Monday to Friday: 07:00 to 22:00
Saturday & Sunday: 08:00 to 18:00
- The period of hire shall start and finish as specified on the Form of Contract. The Hirer must ensure adequate time for setting up, warm up / down and clearing away is included within the agreed period of hire.
- The Hirer shall ensure that the Premises are vacated by all users connected with its activities by the specified finish time and the Hirer will not leave the building until this has been achieved. If the Premises are not vacated by the finish time, the Hirer will be charged at the applicable hourly rate specified within these Terms & Conditions or otherwise agreed at the time of booking. Part of an hour shall be charged as a full hour.
- Deposit, Charges & Payment
- The standard hire charges are outlined on the bbodance website.
- Payment of a deposit is required to secure a booking as follows:
Single Booking: The full hire charge is payable at the time of making the booking.
Regular Use Booking: 25% of the total hire charge for the series of bookings is required at the time of making the booking; a further 25% is due four weeks in advance of the date booking is to commence. The balance in respect of the whole booking is due upon the date booking is to commence.
Block Booking: 50% of the full term’s hire charge is payable at the time of making the booking. The balance in respect of the whole booking is due upon the date booking is to commence.
If payment is not received within three working days of confirmation of booking, the booking will be cancelled as failure to pay will invalidate the booking.
- bbodance reserve the right to make additional charges to cover the reasonable costs of heating, lighting, water, rubbish collection or any additional cleaning and/ or repair attributable to the Hirer’s use of the Premises.
- Where the Hirer is acting in the course of a business, bbodance are entitled under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Act 1998 to charge interest on any overdue sums at the rate of 8% above the Bank of England’s base rate, plus fixed sum compensation deemed appropriate.
- Cancellation, Notice & Refunds
- If the Hirer wishes to alter or cancel a booking, they must give bbodance notice in writing.
- bbodance reserves the right to make cancellation and an administration charge in requests to alter or cancel bookings. If the Hirer cancels a booking and the Venue cannot be re-let on the same terms, cancellation charges shall be payable by the Hirer as follows:
Less than 2 weeks’ notice: 100% of hire charge*
Less than 4 weeks’ notice: 50% of hire charge*
Between 12 and 4 weeks’ notice: 25% of hire charge*
More than 12 weeks’ notice: Administration charge only*
*1 week is calculated as 7 days
- bbodance reserves the right to cancel a booking or part of a booking for reasons connected with the mission of bbodance. Where possible we will offer an alternative Venue or dates for the booking. If such alternatives are not acceptable to the Hirer, bbodance will reimburse any deposit paid and any appropriate proportion of charges paid on a pro rata basis.
- bbodance reserves the right to cancel bookings where the Premises are unusable or unsafe due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, damage by fire or flooding.
- bbodance reserves the right to terminate this Agreement with immediate effect by giving notice to the Hirer and without liability if; the Hirer commits a material breach of any of their obligations under this Agreement; or if the Hirer has misrepresented or failed to fully disclose the nature of its organisation or its use of the Premises.
- bbodance reserve the right to terminate this Agreement with immediate effect by giving notice to the Hirer if in the reasonable opinion of bbodance the nature of the Hirer’s organisation and/ or use of the Premises is in conflict with the ethos and mission of bbodance.
- Obligations of the Hirer
- The Hirer shall read and comply with all of the Terms & Conditions of Hire and the Form of Contract in addition to any further relevant documents annexed to these terms constituting the Agreement.
- The Hirer shall ensure that all persons attending the Premises shall read and comply with all of the Terms & Conditions of Hire and further relevant documents annexed to these terms constituting the Agreement.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for the supervision, safety and security of the Premises and its contents during the period of use. It shall not, and shall ensure that its users do not, do anything to endanger the Premises or any of its users or invalidate any insurance policies relating to them.
- The Hirer shall indemnify bbodance fully for the cost of repair any damage to the Premises and/ or its contents, and for the liability to third parties or otherwise, as a result of the Hirer’s use of the Premises.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for ensuring they have adequate insurance for any claims which may be brought against in connection with its activities and use of the Premises.
- Please be aware that you will be held liable for any damage caused to the building which occurs as a result of you hiring the studio. It is a condition of the hire agreement that you, as the hirer, have adequate public liability insurance in place to protect against any potential damage. Please note that proof of this insurance may be requested prior to the fulfilment of the hire contract.’
- Nothing in this Agreement is intended to exclude our liability for death or personal injury due to our negligence: injury resulting from our negligence or for fraud, fraudulent misstatement or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- bbodance shall not be liable for loss of or damage to users’ personal property unless due to our negligence.
- bbodance shall not be liable (in contract, including negligence or for breach of statutory duty or in any other way) for; any loss arising from or in connection with loss of revenues, profits, contracts or business or failure to realise anticipated savings, any loss of goodwill or reputation, or any indirect or consequential losses incurred by the Hirer arising out of or in connection with its use of the Premises or any other matter under this Agreement.
- Our total liability for any losses not excluded under this clause shall be limited to the charges actually paid by the Hirer in respect of the relevant booking.
- These Terms & Conditions of Hire, together with the Form of Contract and further relevant documents annexed to these terms constitute the Agreement between the Hirer and bbodance relating to the hire and supersede all previous agreements relating to the Hirer’s use of the Premises. The Hirer is responsible for visiting the Premises to ensure suitability prior to making any booking.
- If any provision of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, this shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the other provisions.
- A variation of any part of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver or variation of any other provisions.
- Please see the bbodance website for Privacy Statement.
- Appendix: Facilities Rules & Regulations
- The Hirer must visit the bbodance prior to booking commencement to ensure the Venue is fit for purpose and to receive a mandatory induction on bbodance acceptable Venue use, policies and procedures.
- The Venue and Premises must be cleared of all belongings and left clean and tidy at the end of the hire period. bbodance reserves the right to charge the Hirer for the cost of cleaning if the Premises are not left in an appropriate state ate the end of the hire period. All rubbish must be placed in the bins or recycling area provided.
- The Hirer must provide bbodance with full and accurate details about its intended use of the Premises at the time of booking and, in the case of ongoing bookings, update bbodance of any material changes as they occur. This includes but is not limited to any information about its activities and/ or users which might reasonably affect our acceptance or scheduling of bookings, security, health and safety and child protection.
- The Hirer shall not use the Premises for any unlawful purpose nor do anything to bring bbodance into disrepute and shall comply with all legal requirements relating to the activities for which it uses the Venue or any part of the Premises. This includes, but is not limited to, any requirements for temporary events notices or other licensing requirements.
- The Hirer shall and ensure its users comply with, all relevant legislation, professional standards of ethics and behaviour for the activities for which it uses the Premises. This includes but is not limited to legislation relating to Equal Opportunities, Safeguarding, Health & Safety and Fire Safety and Fire Evacuation Procedure.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for the proper behaviour of all persons using the Premises in connection with the booking. This includes but is not limited to, showing consideration for and cooperation with bbodance Staff, other users of the Premises and our neighbouring residents, ensuring the use of the Premises does not create excessive noise or other nuisance.
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes) is not permitted anywhere on the Premises.
- Animals are not permitted anywhere on the Premises.
- The Hirer shall observe, and ensure its users observe, the safety precautions in bbodance Fire Safety policy provided with this Agreement. In particular, fire exit doors must not be blocked and no naked flames are allowed.
- The Hirer is also expected to be vigilant when it comes to the security of the Premises during the hire period. In particular the Hirer is requested that they do not grant unauthorised access to anyone outside of the Agreement.
- Any problems or concerns about the Premises should be reported to a member of bbodance staff immediately.
- The Hirer is also expected to report any damage immediately to bbodance duty staff.
- No food or drink to be consumed inside the Studios with the exception of bottled water. Food and drink can be consumed in the Riverside Room. Adults may use the refreshment facilities in the kitchen area of the Riverside room. These may not be accessed by children without appropriate supervision. No alcohol is to be consumed anywhere on the Premises unless by prior arrangement and within licensing requirements.
- All participants relating to the booking must sign-in. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to provide bbodance with a sign-in sheet/ register for this purpose.
- If there are participants classed as vulnerable adults or under the age of 18, it is the Hirers responsibility for ensuring that the relevant DBS checks have been obtained and these participants are appropriately supervised at all times.
- No outdoor shoes are to be worn at any time in the Studios, only non-marking footwear is permitted.
- AV equipment must not be moved from their position and must be switched off after use. The Hirer may use their own AV equipment by arrangement, but must ensure it is fully PAT tested at the time of the booking.
- The Hirer shall accept the recommended maximum capacity for each Venue.
- Any deliveries (including catering) need to be scheduled with consideration for bbodance operations.
- The building is shared and therefore noise levels must be kept to a reasonable level. If this is deemed unacceptable, the Hirer will be advised by a member of bbodance staff to reduce the noise levels.
- Extra equipment (e.g. Tables, Chairs or Floor Covering) must be requested at the time of booking. If assistance is required in setting these up an additional fee may be charged.
- Further administrative and reception support is available by arrangement and for an additional charge.
- Printing may be provided by bbodance where possible, at the following additional costs: 5p per black and white sheet; 10p per colour sheet. Printing charges will be invoiced at the end of the booking.
- Appendix: Marketing & Publicity Guidelines
- The bbodance logo may not be used in connection with any hire, unless directly commissioned by bbodance.
- No images of bbodance may be used without the written approval of bbodance.
- Unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment is strictly prohibited.
- Location can only be listed as bbodance, Ensign House, Battersea Reach, Juniper Drive, London SW18 1TA.