bbodance and South Thames College have devised a unique course offering students the chance to prepare themselves for a successful career in the dance industry. The course is an approved access course to London Studio Centre.
Our new Level 3 Extended Diploma in Dance will begin in September 2017, in partnership with South Thames College. This course has been designed to prepare students for a career in the dance industry, and offers access to exceptional facilities - including four professional dance studios - and expert guidance from tutors with experience across the performance industry.
The Level 3 Extended Diploma in Dance is a two year full time course, and students will study in London between bbodance headquarters in Wandsworth and nearby South Thames College. The course is fully funded for 16-19 year olds. Students will work on dance techniques, teaching skills and classroom-based contextual studies in various areas, and there will also be opportunities throughout the course to take part in performances in the local and wider communities.
The Level 3 Extended Diploma in Dance will run from September 2017 to June 2019.
The Level 3 Extended Diploma in dance is a fully funded course for students aged 16-19
Students will recieve free Student membership with bbodance. What does this mean?
Four GCSEs A*-C with English at A*-D; OR a relevant Level 2 diploma at Merit + or above. Spoken and written English will be assessed by us to be at an appropriate level.
You should have dance experience at Level 2 or equivalent, and be dedicated to all areas of dance training.
You'll be offered an audition in order to make sure the course is a good match for you.
There are a variety of pathways available to graduating students:
- Vocational dance training
- A dance degree at a university or dance school
- Teacher training courses with bbodance
- and many more...
There are two steps in the application process:
1. You will be required to attend an interview at our Open Afternoon
- Friday 18th August 2017 2-3pm
Book a place on the Open Afternoon
2. Complete an application form provided by South Thames College. Please visit the South Thames College website to apply: http://www.south-thames.ac.uk/courses/music-and-performing-arts/619-dance/5711-performing-production-arts-ual-diploma-level-3-bbodance-level-3.html